If you are looking for a simple but rich features blogging tool for your Ubuntu, you have to try Blogilo. Blogilo was previously known as Bilbo, a full featured WYSIWYG editor + An HTML editor. The most recent version of Blogilo 1.1 is now available for download. Blogilo supports various Linux distribution such as Ubuntu (Kubuntu), Arch Linux, OpenSUSE, PCLinuxOS and also supports Windows OS.
Blogilo user interface:
- A full featured WYSIWYG editor + An HTML editor
- Previewing your post with your blog style! like when you are visiting it at your blog.
- Support for Blogger1.0, MetaWeblog, MovableType (WordPress supports All of these!) and Google GData (used on Blogspot.com blogs) APIs!
- Support for Creating/Modifying/Deleting posts.
- Support for creating drafts and scheduled posts!
- Support for uploading media files to your blog (Just on supported APIs e.g. MetaWeblog and MovableType)
- Support for Fetching your recent blog entries.
- Support for adding Images to post from your system. It will upload them on Submitting post to blog (Just on supported APIs e.g. MetaWeblog and MovableType)
- Support for saving local entries before publishing.
- Saving your writing copy to prevent data loss, at configurable intervals.
- Internal auto spell checker. (KDE spell checker used so most of languages are supported)
For more information about Blogilo, please visit the official website of Blogilo. For Ubuntu users, you may install Blogilo using the following command. This already tested on my Ubuntu GNOME 14.10
sudo apt-get install blogilo
The command will install some KDE library as well. So, make sure you are connected to a good internet connection.