If you own a laptop with fingerprint device on board, you can install the Fingerprint GUI application to improve your computer security from being accessed by unauthorized person. This tutorial is going to show you how to install Fingerprint GUI 1.06 on Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 14.10. Fingerprint GUI is a security tool that handle the security system for fingerprint device on a laptop. It comes with a simple GUI and its pretty easy to use. Fingerprint GUI supports Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 14.10 and the upcoming Ubuntu 15.04. You can easily install this application via PPA repository.
The following updates and improvements have been made to the new Fingerprint GUI 1.06:
- Bugfix: Segfault after failed login on secure tty;
- Fix for cinnamon-screensaver on Mint 16 and Mint 17.
- Fingerpint-helper is aware of multiple screen environments and is always placed on the screen that contains the cursor;
- Added MATE to fingerprint-polkit-agent.desktop settings;
- New program icon;
- New design for fingerprint request widget;
Now, to install Fingerprint GUI on Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 14.10, please follow these steps.
A. Add the PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:fingerprint/fingerprint-gui
B. Update system
sudo apt-get update
C. Install Fingerprint GUI
sudo apt-get install fingerpring-gui