How to install FlightGear 3.0.0 Flight Simulator on Ubuntu 14.04, PinguyOS 14.04, Xubuntu, Linux Lite 2.0, Linux Mint 17
FlightGear is a multi platform flight simulator game. The latest version of FlightGear 3.0.0 is now available for download. You can fly many aircraft with FlightGear. I have been testing this new FlightGear 3.0.0 on my Linux Lite 2.0
The new FlightGear 3.0.0 brings some major improvements such as:
- All glider models have now Total Energy compensated variometers.
- Sea color is more realistic, using a a global sea map is used to render shallow ocean a different color.
- Improved random building textures
- Atmospheric Light Scattering (ALS) improvements
- Terrain loading times improved by deferring loading of objects within scenery.
- Full changelog
This tutorial is going to show you how to install FlightGear 3.0.0 on Ubuntu 14.04. Since there is a PPA Repository for FlightGear, we can easily install FlightGear 3.0.0 on Ubuntu 14.04.
Open Terminal and paste these commands to install FlightGear 3.0.0 on Ubuntu 14.04
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:saiarcot895/flightgear
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install flightgear
Done. Enjoy FlightGear 3.0.0 on your Ubuntu.