FrostWire is a free, cross platform application that allows us to share large files and folders over the internet. FrostWire also can be used as a BitTorrent client to download many applications, movie and other torrent files from the internet. The new version of FrostWire 5.7.4 is now available for Linux system. This new BitTorrent 5.7.4 comes with the following updates:
- Fixes issues with youtube downloads.
- Recovered ability to download soundcloud URLs.
- Can download entire soundcloud playlists from playlist URL.
- Fixed broken Torrents.fm search.
- Updated Gson library, included the sources into our repo.
Here I want to show you how to install FrostWire 5.7.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 and derivatives. Since there is no PPA repository for FrostWire, we can install it via DEB package provided by the developer.
2. Install the package
sudo dpkg -i frostwire-5.7.4.all.deb
sudo apt-get -f install