Tomahawk is a nice, multi platform and rich features audio player. You can play your local audio files or connect to your remote/online audio sources. The latest version of Tomahawk 0.7.0 already released with several improvements and bug fixes. Here I want to show you how to install Tomahawk 0.7.0 on Elementary OS Luna.
Tomahawk 0.7.0 Changelog:
- Fixed playback-loop caused by duplicate tracks in a playlist.
- Improved peer handling and removed connection support through Twitter.
- Taking an account offline now also disconnects associated peers.
- Improved Spotify protocol handling.
- Added “Append to Playlist” context menu item.
- User-friendlier collection handling: added info-buttons for artists and albums. Double-clicking an item expands it now.
- Charts only load on-demand now.
- Fixed Diagnostics information not correctly updating.
Installing Tomahawk 0.7.0 on Elementary OS Luna made easier because there is an Ubuntu PPA repository for Tomahawk. Simply use the following command to install Tomahawk on Elementary OS Luna.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tomahawk/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install tomahawk