The new version of XBMC 13.1 (update) has been released. This XBMC 13.1 still uses the same code name “Gotham” as XBMC 13.0. For Pinguy OS 14.04 users you can see How to install XBMC 13.1 on Pinguy OS 14.04. XBMC is a multi platform program which will turn your Linux into a nice, rich features multimedia center. The new XBMC 13.1 brings a lot of improvements such as:
- Fix resume point of certain PVR items begin stale on playback.
- Fix weirdness when certain TVs query XBMC’s UPnP server and it starts running a bunch of add-ons which cause popups on the XBMC machine.
- Fix crash at exit while airplay is playing
- Better recovery of VDPAU on errors.
- Fixes for cropping of interlaced content using VDPAU.
- Fix for FLAC tracks with large embedded images not playing.
- Fix for crash if librtmp wasn’t available.
- Fix for ffmpeg building on linux using later versions of librtmp.
- Fix for broken m4a, mp4 playback with paplayer.
- Fix for the hint text not being shown in editcontrols once unfocused.
- Fix minor memory leak in PlayMedia builtin function.
- Fix albumartist use in song smartplaylists.
- Use unique client broadcast UID in the PVR api.
To Intall XBMC 13.1 Gotham on Pinguy OS simply paste the following commands on Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc
Done. Now you can enjoy XBMC 13.1 on your Pinguy OS 14.04
Category: Other Linux