The new version of PeaZip 5.4.0 is now available for Linux users. This new version comes with many improvements such as new refreshed GUI, major code clean up and some other things.
PeaZip 5.4.0 new features:
- Release 5.4.0 brings a major refresh in GUI design, in order to speed up user’s work flow, and make easier to discover useful functions (as new quick archiving/compression pre-sets) and most relevant information.
- It is now possible to automatically remove original files after archival, and to remove original archives after extraction, with customizable deletion procedure (recycle, quick / zero / secure delete), that can also be added to exported scripts / scheduled tasks.
- Alongside many other improvements and updates, ZPAQ backend was updated to 6.54.
- PeaZip 5.x family introduced a major code and design cleanup: improved navigation menus, faster add to archive routine, improved inclusion/exclusion advanced filters, new synthetic archive information function, improved UAC integration, localized Windows context menu.
- New features includes: Schedule tab in Archive/Convert and Extract interfaces (integrated with Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 Task Scheduler), new secure deletion of free space and new zero deletion mode (overwriting files/free space with all 0), standalone GUI for basic archive extraction (Tools > PeaExtractor) and for basic file management tasks (Tools > PeaUtils), pre-set compression profiles for single-click switching between most common compression task, i.e. best compression, fast compression, protect with password, create self extracting archive, keep output under a specified size for mail attachment, etc.
- 178 file extensions are supported.
PeaZip is a free application to handle compressed files. It supports many compressed formats such as: 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, *PAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, TAR, UPX, WIM, XZ, and ZIP files. For more info, this link should be useful.
To install PeaZip 5.4.0 on Elementary OS, follow this instructions:
1. Download PeaZip 5.4.0 DEB package. Make sure you select GTK-2 version for Elementary OS Luna.
2. Install the package using command
sudo dpkg -i peazip_5.4.0.LINUX.GTK2-2_all.deb
Or you can simply click the DEB file and install it via Ubuntu Software Center.