The new version of Oracle Virtualbox 5.1.10 has been released. This new version brings some important updates, fix some errors and performance improvements. For more information about the Changelog, please visit this page. If you are running Ubuntu 16.04 Xenia Xerus, you can upgrade or install Virtualbox 5.1.10 easily.
What’s new on Virtualbox 5.1.10
- GUI: the USB filter settings dialog should allow to specify the USB revision in hexadecimal format
- GUI: fixed crash on certain hosts when pressing certain key combinations (Windows hosts only)
- GUI: fixed issue with updating the available-geometry on host-screen work-area resize
- GUI: don’t crash / hang on certain environments if accessibility support is enabled
- GUI: fixed various issues in Unscaled HiDPI Output mode
- GUI: extend the VM Input menu with Print Screen-related actions
- GUI: improved handling of inserting the Guest Additions ISO image by trying all available optical drives rather than only the first one and by not asking the user if he wants to force unmounting (which doesn’t work in most cases anyway)
- API: default to RTC using UTC for Solaris 11 guests
Steps to install Virtualbox 5.1.10 on Ubuntu 16.04
Step 1. Download Virtualbox 5.1.10 DEB for Ubuntu 16.04
Step 2. Install the package. Right click on it and select Open with Software Install. Please note that sometimes Ubuntu Software Center load pretty slow. Be patient.
Alternatively, I recommend to install it via Terminal command
sudo dpkg -i virtualbox-5.1_5.1.10-112026~Ubuntu~xenial_amd64.deb