Want to run Android on PC? Now available the new Android 4.4 for PC. This is the new Android -x86 4.4 RC1 which can be run on several Laptops such as Lenovo, Asus brand. You can also try to run this Android 4.4 on a desktop PC as well.
This Android x86 4.4 RC 1 does not need VirtualBox or Genymotion to run. You can install it on a supported Laptop just like an ordinary OS like Windows or Linux. You can boot your Laptop to Android so you can run full Android experiences on a Laptop.
The 4.4-RC1 release is based on the Android 4.4.2 (KitKat-MR1 release). We have fixed and added x86 specified code to let the system runs smoothly on x86 platforms, especially for netbooks or tablets. The key features contain
- Integrate the ffmpeg as the stagefright-plugins to support much more multimedia files. Now we can play HD and full HD videos in apps.
- Use the latest longterm stable kernel 3.10.30 with more drivers enabled. Most netbooks can run Android-x86 in the native resolution.
- OpenGL ES hardware acceleration for AMD Radeon and Intel chipsets (not include the PowerVR chips).
- Enhance the installer to support upgrade from previous versions (since ics-x86). The text based GUI installer supports ext3/ext2/ntfs/fat32 filesystems.
- KitKat style lanucher (Launcher3).
- Support Multi-touch, Wifi, Audio, Bluetooth, G-sensor and Camera.
- Simulate sdcard by internal storage.
- External usb drive and sdcard are auto mounted to /storage/usbX on plugging.
- Support hybrid mode of iso images.
- Multi-user support (max 8).
- Support Ethernet (DHCP only).
- Support VM like Qemu and VMware.