The new version of Kodi 16 with codename “Jarvis” has been released. There are many improvements have been made to this new release. The following are some new features you will find in Kodi 16 Jarvis.
- Start of integration of ADSP (Audio Digital Signal Processing) handling (no add-ons shipped yet)
- Improve image resizing and caching algorithm to improve image quality of images
- Added support for the musicbrainz “ARTISTS” tag in id3v2, ape, xiph.
- Add date added to music library and use it for sorting
- Support saving skin settings as add-on data instead of in guisettings.xml
- Image resource add-ons which provides common image libraries than can be used by several skins and add-ons.
- Don’t mess with the long and short date formats defined in the language files
- Add sort method for albums “artist / year”. This will sort the albums chronological per artist.
- Moved some add-on categories to “look and feel” in add-on manager
- Series recording added for PVR
- Add a “none” option for preferred subtitles
For Ubuntu users, you can easily install Kodi 16 Jarvis on Ubuntu using the following commands. This tutorial to install Kodi 16 on Ubuntu can be used on most Ubuntu versions such as Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 15.10 as well.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi
Additionally, you can install addons and codecs using the following commands:
sudo apt-get install –install-suggests kodi
Kodi 16 Screenshots: