As you might know, Nightingale is a rich features multimedia player for Windows, Linux and also Mac. Nightingale can be used to play online or offline audio, videos. You can use Nightingale to listen to online radio such as Southcast, SoundCloud and many more. This tutorial is going to show you how to install Nightingale 1.12.1 on Elementary OS Luna. This new Nightingale 1.12.1 comes with the following fixes:
- Fix crash on Ubuntu 13.04 Issue #184
- Improved localization in every localesSplash screen updated
- “songbird” protocol is replaced by “ngale” Issue #121
- Remove newsletter from firstrun dialog
- Play count increment fixed Issue #142
- Remove duplicate preferences menu entry on Linux Issue #100
- Allow add-ons to have localized display panes titles Issue #5
- Update add-ons locales (mashTape, Last.fm, SHOUTcast) Issue #204
- Disable metrics everywhere
- Complete changelog
Since there is Nightingale PPA Repository for Ubuntu based Linux, we can install Nightingale on Elementary OS Luna very easy. Do the following command to install Nightingale on Elementary OS Luna.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nightingaleteam/nightingale-release
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install nightingale
When done, Nightingale screenshot will be appeared on your application list. Run it and you will still need to configure few things before Nightingale can be used.