Ubuntu Tutorial – This tutorial is going to show you how to install Virtualbox 5.1.26 on Ubuntu 16.04. The new version of Virtualbox 5.1.26 has been released. This is the maintenance release of Virtualbox 5.1 and if you have any previous version installed, its time to upgrade. Oracle Virtualbox is a free virtualization software that available for various Operating System including Linux. With Virtualbox, we can run multiple operating systems in a single host.
What’s new on Virtualbox 5.1.26
- VMM: reset the TSC on VM reset to work around a Windows bug (bug #16643)
- Audio: fixed memory leak when enabled with VRDP connections (5.1.24 regression; bug #16928)
- Audio: fixed creation of too many sound sinks on Linux hosts when using the PulseAudio backend (bug #16938)
- Audio: implemented record gain registers for AC’97 emulation; those are needed for newer Ubuntu guests which rely on those when controlling gain and muting the recording (capturing) levels
- Storage: fixed hang when using the emulated NVMe controller with the SPDK (bug #16945)
- Mouse: double click was not working with a precision touchpad (bug #14632)
- Linux hosts: properly bring up host-only network interfaces with iproute (5.1.24 regression; bug #16911)
- Linux hosts: provide Python 3 libraries for deb/rpm packages
- Windows hosts: make it possible to use host-only networking without having bridged networking installed
- Windows guests: fixed automatic logons for Vista and newer Windows guests (5.1.24 regression; bug #16921)
How to install Virtualbox 5.1.26 on Ubuntu 16.04
First, download the DEB file from this link. Save it to your local directory and then, right click on the file and select Install with Software Install. Follow on screen wizard until completed.
Alternatively, you can install via Terminal with the following command
sudo gdebi virtualbox-5.1_5.1.26-117224-Ubuntu-xenial_amd64.deb
Now enjoy the new Virtualbox 5.1.26 on Ubuntu 16.04. Thanks for reading.