ScreenToGif is a free, simple desktop recording application that can be used to record your desktop activity and save it to GIF animated image. Its a handy tool that does not requires installation. It supports Windows 10, 8 and also Windows 7.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don’t want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable (uses a settings file under the AppData folder) executable.
The Program interface
You can change the size of the recording area by dragging it or you can also specify the resolution number. Additional options can be configured using Options button. To start recording, press the Record button and Stop button to end the recording session.
Then, after Stop button is pressed, the editor will automatically come up and you can edit the result, save it to video or GIF animated format. Its pretty easy and helpful.