Rockstor is a free, rich features and powerful Linux distribution for server purposes. It has almost any features you need to build a powerful network server that serves file sharing service via samba, FTP, NFS and also AFP. There still many features but here I just want to share how to create new pool on Rockstor 3.8-10.
Disk Pool is a new way to deliver RAID protection and consistent performance. A disk pool is a set of drives that is logically grouped together in the storage array. For more information about Disk Pool, this page is a good start.
To create a new pool on Rockstor 3.8-10, please follow these steps.
- Login to Rockstor web management service
- Go to Pools | Create New Pools
At least there must be 2 or more hard drives with similar size in order to create a new pools.
- Give a specific name for the new pools
- Select RAID configuration. On this example, I use RAID 0
- Check the disk drives to be added to the new pools.
- Click Submit to complete the process.
Finally, the new pools should be ready withing few seconds. Its a quick process.