Grub-Customizer is a useful tool to modify and fix your Grub entry. When we install Linux alongside Windows or other OS, we can easily modify GRUB2 entries, reinstall boot loader and many more. This tutorial will show you how to install Grub-Customizer on ChaletOS 14.04.3. The latest available version of Grub when this post is written is version 4.0.6.
- move, remove or rename menuentries (they stey updatable by update-grub)
- edit the contents of menuentries or create new ones (internally it edits the 40_custom)
- support for GRUB2 and BURG
- reinstallation of the bootloader to MBR
- settings like default operating system, kernel params, background image and text colors etc.
- changing the installed operating system by running on a live cd
To install Grub-Customizer, use the following commands
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:danielrichter2007/grub-customizer
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install grub-customizer
Once installed, you can start using Grub-Customizer.