On my previous post, I have shown you a great offer from Amazon LightSail which offers a low cost Private Cloud Server in just $5 per month. Actually, Amazon is not the only one who has a low cost Private Cloud Server. DigitalOcean also has similar products which enable has to have a reliable, 24/7 private cloud server in just $5 per month. You may ask which one is better? I have been using DigitalOcean services in last few years. I use my tiny Droplet (similar to instance in Amazon term) with 512 MB RAM, 1 CPU, 20 GB SSD storage and 1 TB transfer bandwidth. And I only pay about $5 each month.
Digital Ocean Service Features
As a user, here are some benefits that you can get from DigitalOcean services
- Easy to use. Create, drop, rebuild, backup your server in just few clicks. No confusing terms and no technical knowledges needed in order to build your own server.
- Various server size
- Low cost
- Easy to upscale or downscale
- Available in 8 different data centers
- New Block Storage supports
- Many operating systems support. Compared to Amazon LightSail, DigitalOcean has more operating system to choose from.
Digital Ocean Droplets Sizes
Droplet represent the instance or the private server available on Digital Ocean. There are various types of Droplet we can choose based on the size (hardware configurations).
Operating system options
You can enable some additional options such as private networking, backups, and monitoring feature. Also, you can create multiple droplets in a single operation.
Register now and get many benefits at DigitalOcean.